The growing reputation of PolyU CPCE speaks volumes about its strong commitment to teaching excellence at three levels, namely subject, programme and institution.
- At the subject level, teaching excellence actualises the effective delivery of knowledge, skills and mindsets via multiple modes of learning, teaching and assessment which maximise students’ opportunities to achieve their highest possible academic performance in individual subjects. At the same time, teaching excellence functions as the stimulus for students to fully engage themselves with the subject matter for the sake of their apprenticeship and participation in the communities of different academic disciplines.
- At the programme level, teaching excellence represents the sustained and collaborative efforts of the programme management team to develop a proper and coherent programme curriculum that responds to the evolving needs of the learning environment and the new skill sets required of the existing and emerging professions.
- At the institution level, teaching excellence embodies the strategic provision of suitable teaching and learning environments, resources, staff development and training that lead to the enhancement of the student learning experience.
This threefold approach to teaching excellence highlights the interdependent relationship of teaching, learning, and assessment, thereby opening up an avenue for researching discipline-specific and interdisciplinary exemplary educational practices. With a strong commitment to informing and nurturing excellent teachers, curriculum developers and programme leaders at the higher education level in Hong Kong, the CPCE Centre for Pedagogic Research (CPCECPR), established in March 2021, aspires to enhance the scholarship of teaching and learning and pedagogic research in the higher education sector:
- To enhance the institution’s experience, ability, and status in performing research work related to teaching excellence, learning, assessment, curriculum design, and educational leadership.
- To acquire funding to support research activities, especially in improving the education quality, pedagogical models and methodologies within and across the disciplines, and in promoting equity in education.
- To provide professional services, including workshops, webinars, seminars, and training programmes, to the education and community sectors, with a view to initiating and sustaining dialogue about teaching excellence.
- To contribute new knowledge and insights to the academic and education sectors by sharing research findings via conferences, journals, and books.
- To underpin teaching with knowledge created from the Centre’s research and development works and activities.
- Professional & Research Skills Development: Methodology Workshops; Research Seminars; Webinars; Conferences
- CPCE Teaching Research/ Excellence Fund
- Research Student Mentoring Scheme
Members of CPCECPR
Dr TONG, Esther KM, Division Head of Division of Languages and Communication
Dr LAI, Wience WS, Senior Lecturer of Division of Languages and Communication
Dr WONG, Adam KL, Senior Lecturer of Division of Science, Engineering and Health Studies
Division of Business and Hospitality Management
Division of Languages and Communication
Division of Science, Engineering and Health Studies
Division of Social Sciences, Humanities and Design
Information Technology Unit
Ms YUNG, Sandy
Miss CHAN, Catherine/ Miss LAU, Jennifer
Prof LEUNG Chun-wah, CPCE Associate Dean (Research)
Please click here for more details.