- Types of academic gown
Award Gown Colour Hood Colour Cap SPEED – Bachelor of Arts Black Blue with silver ribbon Mortarboard SPEED – Bachelor of Business Administration Black Purple with silver ribbon Mortarboard SPEED – Bachelor of Science Black Gold with silver ribbon Mortarboard SPEED – Bachelor of Social Sciences Black Green with silver ribbon Mortarboard SPEED – Associate of Arts/ Science, PCE Diploma and PCE Certificate Black with mauve stole Not applicable Not applicable HKCC – Associate Degree and Higher Diploma Black with golden stole Not applicable Not applicable
- Booking of academic gown
Online booking for academic gown will start on 9 September 2019. Please visit the website of Victoria Uniform and order your academic gown.
Please refer to the below for booking instructions:
Graduates of SPEED – Bachelor of Arts SPEED – Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Social Sciences SPEED – Associate of Arts/ Science, PCE Diploma and PCE Certificate HKCC – Associate Degree and Higher Diploma
- Graduates attending the Graduation Ceremony are required to wear the academic gowns specific to the particular award.
- Gown hiring should be made with the official gown hiring company, i.e. Victoria Uniform.
- Graduates without academic gown or the academic gown does not meet the specifications to a particular award will not be allowed to go on stage at the Graduation Ceremony.
- The Graduation Ceremony is a formal occasion to celebrate your achievements. The academic gown should be worn straight. It is recommended that you wear a light colour shirt. Casual wear like jeans and sneakers should be avoided.
- All hired gowns must be returned to the official gown hiring company, Victoria Uniform, on or before the date specified on each individual rental agreement.
- Deposit paid by graduates will be forfeited by Victoria Uniform if graduates fail to return or incur damages to the hired items, while late returns will incur a fine. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement for more information.